Electronic Arts (EA) and Valve have partnered to make EA games available to players on Steam. EA Access has made its way to Steam and is taking the gaming community by storm.
For R50 a month, gamers on Steam can access and play as many EA games as they want. The subscription includes:
- Rewards and member-only content.
- Access to a collection of EA’s best-loved games.
- Play selected new-release EA games for up to 10 hours.
- Save 10% on EA digital purchases from full games to DLC.
Popular gaming titles
Also, you gain access to popular titles such as:
- Titanfall 2
- Need for Speed Heat: Deluxe Edition
- Battlefield V
- The Sims 4, and more.
The partnership kicked off on 31 August with Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™ launching on November 15 (available on pre-order).
Can you buy instead of renting?
The subscription allows you to play up to 10 hours of any game from Electronic Arts.
But, if you are a hardcore gamer, you are probably wondering if it is possible to own these games.
Trading cards, badges and achievements are a big deal in the Steam community. And, while it is possible to claim these without spending money, there is something satisfying about owning a game.
You can buy the EA games on Steam and, with the subscription, you get monthly added benefits when owning a game.
Other subscription perks
Besides early access trials of new Electronic Arts games, there are other benefits:
- FIFA 21: Members can hit the pitch starting 1 October with an early access trial (including pre-launch challenges), receive start of season XP Boosts for FIFA Ultimate Team, and recurring FUT kits and stadium customisation item rewards throughout the season.
- Rocket Arena: Members score instant access to the full game and an Epic Mysteen Skin for logging into Rocket Arena.
- Madden NFL 21: Get out on the gridiron for 10 hours and score three Gold Team Fantasy Packs each month throughout the season.
- Star Wars™: Squadrons: Players will receive in-game perks through vanity items like the Interceptor Elegance Helmet and the Ashen Monarch Paint Job Set.
Read the original article on The South African