Picture this: You are in outer space along with your crew and you need to get back to Earth. However, a shapeshifting alien parasite has infiltrated the ship and is disguised as one of your crewmates.
And its goal is to eliminate your entire crew…
Sounds like a boatload of chaos and paranoia just waiting to hit, right?
This is the plot for the 2018 game, Among Us.
Why is ‘Among Us’ so popular?
Even though the game has been around for quite a while, it has only recently gained this much popularity.
The reason is that more people have begun to notice how much fun the game is to play and to watch from live streams on Twitch. The appeal stems from the game’s focus on its players and their interactions.
And if you are playing with your friends, it can be a rollercoaster of an experience.
The game is an online or local party game where teamwork plays an important factor, and anyone can betray you.
You can play with four to 10 players and your objective is to find the intruder and eject them before they kill everyone.
Where to find ‘Among Us’
The game is available on Android, IOS and PC. But the best part is that you can enjoy the game across multiple platforms if you are playing online. You could use voice chat online or play using LAN at a party with friends.
Obviously, though, a game focused on betrayal means that there will be a lot of lying and deceit happening. This opens the door to a lot of toxic people in the gaming community. So, when playing online, it would be a good idea to play with people you know.
The objective of the crew is to fill the group taskbar or discover the imposter. This can be achieved by:
- Reacting quickly to undo the impostor’s sabotages.
- Checking the admin map and security cameras to keep tabs on other crewmates.
- Reporting any dead bodies immediately to start discussions of who the suspected impostor is.
- Calling emergency meetings to discuss suspicious behaviour.
- Voting to eject suspected impostors.
The objective of the intruder is to kill the crew. This can be a little bit tricky, especially when you are a suspect. Some helpful tips to follow would be:
- Killing crewmates and framing bystanders.
- Pretending to run tasks to blend in with the crewmates.
- Sneaking through the vents to quickly move about the ship.
- Using sabotages to cause chaos and divide the crew.
- Closing doors to trap victims and kill in private.
The game also includes cool features, such as:
- Customisation: Pick your colour and hat.
- Lots of game options: Add impostors, tasks and more.
- In-game text chat.
- Rich discord integration.
- Cross-platform play between PC, Android, and iOS.
Among Us is now only R42 on Steam (and free on mobile) … and this game is one to check out with your friends!
Read the original article on The South African